Mac Level Handoffs

Anand S. Katti askatti
Sun Jan 4 12:31:55 PST 2004

Mr. Craig,

Thanks a lot for your input.

I had the following setup.

HOSTAP--------DLINK-AP_DWL900+

Dlink is on a ethernet. And HOSTAP is also on the SAME LAN.
With the help from Mr.Patrick Tran, i got to know how to configure the machine
as bridge with hostap running in Managed mode.

Then I started Dlink also in AP mode 5 channels apart from hostap.
And i gave the same ssid to both the AP's.

The Above setup says that Both the AP's are in AP MODE.

Am I right ?

What should i do , if i use both AP's of DLINK.  If I just put both the
AP's in AP mode with same ssid, and plug them in Ethernet, will they work
? in giving persistent connection ?
Will the MAC level hand off's still takes place ?