DWL-650 rev P - no progress with CVS hostap..

Pavel Roskin proski
Sat Feb 28 18:10:15 PST 2004

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004, Joshua Kwan wrote:

> I read the two threads about getting D-Link 650 rev P to work with
> hostap_cs. I tried Pavel Roskin's method but his dmesg messages were not
> the same as mine. Here is what I have when I insert my 650:
>
> (Note: i tried to load module with no_primary=1, but it wasn't
> recognized?)

You forgot to mention the version of HostAP.  No released version
recognizes "no_primary", it was used temporarily in old CVS versions.

HostAP 0.2.0 includes a script util/hostap_fw_load that shows how to load
the firmware.

> I tried to write the primary firmware, but:
>
> # ./prism2_srec  -g wifi0 primary/pm010102.hex

You should use "-s" at this point to skip PDA reading.  PDA is not
available yet.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin