DWL-650 RevP/DHCP Problem?

Kalyan Chintalapati kchinta
Mon Feb 16 14:04:07 PST 2004

Gurus,

I think the problem I'm having is with DHCP. First let me tell you what
I'm doing.

1. modprobe hostap_cs; modprobe hostap_crypt_wep
2. ./prism2_srec -gs wlan0 pm010102.hex
3. ./prism2_srec -gp wlan0 pm010102.hex
4. ./prism2_srec -rp wlano rf010800.hex
5. ifconfig wlan0 up
6. iwconfig wlan0 essid "cuairnet" mode Managed enc restricted key 0
11111111111111111111111111
<<<<<<Fine till here. Can successfully tcpdump and see the traffic on
wlan0>>>>>>
7. dhcpcd -t 20 -d wlan0
dhcpcd: MAC Address = 00:0d:88:51:5a:da
dhcpcd: your IP Address = 172.19.134.120
# dhcpcd-hook: State: Up. Leaseinfo: /var/lib/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-wlan0.info
dhcpcd-hook: Running ifup wlan0 -o dhcp

But, after this ifconfig wlan0 doesn't show me an IP address. It shows me
inet6 address. Also, the "link" led on the card starts blinking (not as if
when there's traffic, but like it goes on/off/on/off/on/off...)

In addition, if I did a tcpdump before dhcpcd, I'm able to see the network
traffic. But, after dhcpcd, I'm not able to do that. It says:
tcpdump: WARNING: wlan0: no IPv$ address assigned
tcpdump: listening on wlan0

(but no output)

So, did anyone face a similar problem ? Please help me!

Thanks in advance,
Kalyan Chintalapati

Graduate Student
Department of Computer Science