Troubles on long link...

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Feb 14 21:33:19 PST 2004

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 07:54:14PM +0300, oleg at bal.ru wrote:

> I have infrastructure wireless link ~30km long it work under freebsd at both end
> today i change AP from freebsd to linux and found it doesn't work :-((

Maybe FreeBSD driver did not require that the management frames are
ACKed(?) If you want to test that, you could comment out following
block in both hostap_ap_tx_cb_auth() and hostap_ap_tx_cb_assoc():

    if (!ok) {
	txt = "frame was not ACKed";
	goto done;
    }

Increasing ACK timeout would be better solution, but I don't know
whether it can be done without modifying the station firmware code.