Troubles on long link...

gARetH baBB hick.hostap
Fri Feb 13 09:29:34 PST 2004

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 oleg at bal.ru wrote:

> I have infrastructure wireless link ~30km long it work under freebsd at both end
> today i change AP from freebsd to linux and found it doesn't work :-((
> linux log:

> Explain me please what's i do wrong ? and what i can do with it ?

I know not of the BSD driver, but my experience is that by default the
hostap driver under Linux leaves the card using ALC, and even if you
disable ALC the card has a txpower level of about 80% of its max power
(using ZoomAir cards myself).

This is one of the reasons I will not update my hostap driver stuff until
I've investigated the mess/work round that is txpower.

Here, using 0.0.3, without ALC and with a txpower of max, I get the most I
can get.

This could be part your problem.