Deauthentication / reauth timeouts

mike-hostap at tiedyenetworks.com mike-hostap
Wed Feb 4 08:42:34 PST 2004

Howdy -

	I've gotten more of a chance to play with radius authentication
and I've observed that different devices seem to play differently when it
comes to association attempts if the AP rejects it. For example, a linksys
wet11 and a hostap in client mode will continually retry the association,
while a smartBridge airbridge indoor will try only a few times and then
stop asking for a while. I know this is more of a client question but I
wanted your opinion on which behavior is 'right'. To me it seems that
clients should take the hint and shut up for a while or at least should
slow down to some reasonable frequency (once every 10 seconds?). What do
you all think?

--

WillitsOnline.Com - Your LOCAL provider of High Speed Internet!