Automatically selecting channel

Vijay Raghunathan vijay
Sun Feb 1 07:59:17 PST 2004

Check the HostAP README file. It has a description about this right at the
bottom of the file. Here is just a snippet from there.

You can set it using iwpriv wlan# host_roaming value
value:
	0 = use station firmware for roaming decision (default)
	1 = use host driver roaming decision (automatic scan)
	2 = manual scan and roaming

In host_roaming 2, association requests are only sent out when triggered
by the user (look at the README file to see how to do this). So, as far as
I know, the automatic re-association with another AP will not take place.

Hope this helps.

-Vijay