WDS and WPA: working?

Zimmermann, Christopher Brian Chris cbzimmermann
Fri Dec 17 08:15:38 PST 2004

Hugo,

That issue is a function of the chipset, and if the AP manufacturer
decided to take advantage of it.  From what I've seen, WDS only supports
WEP encryption.  Agere's chipsets only support WEP for WDS, as well as
many of the AP's I've done compatibility testing against.  It's not a
function being blocked by hostap ( I think)

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: hostap-bounces+cbzimmermann=agere.com at shmoo.com
[mailto:hostap-bounces+cbzimmermann=agere.com at shmoo.com] On Behalf Of
Hugo Espuny
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 5:47 AM
To: hostap at shmoo.com
Subject: WDS and WPA: working?

I've got a WDS based wifi net with one hostap based PC and some LinkSys
WRT54G
AP's. The system is working properly with WEP104 encryption. I tried to
upgrade
it to WPA-PSK encryption with no success, because in WPA with hostapd i
can't
get WDS links up (seems like the AP's don't try to auth to hostapd). I
am using
the stable driver and hostapd version (0.2.5) and station firmware 1.7.6
on a
prism 2 chipset.

Someone can point out if this is working on CVS or development version?
Or maybe
i should use another auth system different from PSK for that
configuration to
work? I can't find references in the changelogs, and i can't find much
information about that matter in the list.

Thanks.

- --
bye,

Hugo Espuny                 hec at espuny.net | GNUPG key:
debian developer            hec at debian.org | pub  1024D/E8074ECF
2002-06-28
For more info, visit http://www.debian.org | sub  2048g/6AA037B4
2002-10-22
GNUPG key fingerprint:   D324 3DC4 1F2A 0936 DEB9  A4D9 D24A 8237 E807
4ECF

-
---
| "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe, huh!
|
|  Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
|
|  I've watched C-beams glittering in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
|
|  All those moments will be lost in time, like tears ... in the rain.
|
|  Time to die."
|
|    -- Roy Batty, nexus 6 Tyrrel Corp. replicant, 2019 AC, L.A. --

-
---