Does Hostap supports EAP-TTLS & EAP-PEAP authentication mechanism?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Dec 15 06:30:32 PST 2004

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 03:02:44PM +0530, Preethi Mohan wrote:

> > The current development version of hostapd has support for EAP-MD5 and
> > EAP-TLS. However, hostapd can be used with an external authentication
> > server to provide EAP-TTLS and EAP-PEAP support.

> Is there an internal server; that supports MD5 and TLS ;comes with
> hostapd. I was under tha assumption that an external server such as
> RADIUS is required to test EAP-MD5,EAP-TLS.Can you please clarify?

Yes, there is an integrated EAP authentication server in the development
series (0.3.x) of hostapd. The current version supports EAP-MD5 and
EAP-TLS. An external server can also be used and is required for other
EAP methods.