Problems making WPA work with ndiswrapper/broadcom

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Aug 18 20:56:49 PDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 09:51:08AM -0300, Donald Teed wrote:

> The access point models are a Cisco 350 which can broadcast the
> SSID (used in latest test) and the Cisco 1100, which does not
> appear to have a way to broadcast the SSID.

Which software versions are you using on these APs? I would be surprised
if Cisco 1100 cannot broadcast the SSID; the SSID may have to be
selected for "Guest use" to make it show up in the beacons, though.

At least the latest IOS versions of Cisco AP software have quite
extensive debugging facilities. One possible debugging path would be to
enable 802.11 debugging ('debug dot11' options) and try to find out
whether the station is trying to associate, and if yes, why it is
failing.