RIDs in HostAP

Pavel Roskin proski
Thu Apr 15 22:35:22 PDT 2004

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Gargi D wrote:

> The file hostap_common.h lists defines some RIDs.  I am not able to get
> explanantion for each of them.   Any hints on what
>
> HFA384X_RID_CNFMMLIFE
> HFA384X_RID_CNFTXCONTROL
> HFA384X_RID_CNFAUTHENTICATIONRSPTO
>
> are meant for?

The later is called HFA384x_RID_CNFAUTHRSPTIMEOUT in linux-wlan-ng.  I
guess it's "authentication responce timeout", whatever it is.  I don't see
it in cards with 1.7.1 firmware.  Perhaps it's specific to tertiary
firmware.

The former two are present in secondary firmware, but I have no idea what
they are for.  They probably described in some documents distributed under
an NDA.

HFA384X_RID_CNFTXCONTROL is 0x0200 for me.  Perhaps it's a bitmask.
HFA384X_RID_CNFMMLIFE is 0xFDE8 (65000).  This looks a timeout for
something.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin