Newbie needs help -- Hermes II driver on Linux PPC

Mike Wellington wellington
Sun Apr 11 09:53:46 PDT 2004

Hi-
   I have a Xilinx ML300 board and a Hermes-II mini-PCI
802.11 card.  I built the driver ok.  I configured
the kernel for CONFIG_NET_RADIO.

The driver installs ok and this is what is reported
by dmesg

> wlags49_h2.o:>:init_module
> wlags49_h2 v7.12 for PCI, 09/05/2003 10:42:00 by Agere Systems, http://www.agere.com
> Station Mode (STA) Support: YES
> Access Point Mode (AP) Support: YES
> wlags49_h2.o:>>:wl_adapter_init_module()
> wlags49_h2.o:<<:wl_adapter_init_module()
> wlags49_h2.o:<:init_module

followed by my feeble attempts to find a wireless device

> bash-2.05# iwconfig
> lo        no wireless extensions.
>
> dummy0    no wireless extensions.
>
> eth0      no wireless extensions.
>
> bash-2.05# iwconfig wlan
> wlan      No such device
>
> bash-2.05# iwconfig wlan0
> wlan0     No such device
>
> bash-2.05#

I will read the driver documentation and see if I can tell what
is wrong.

If there is a better list to post this on please tell me, this
is the first one I found.

I have downloaded all your list archives and I am reading them
now.

-mike wellington
  wellington at lucent.com