Card flashing green light...

Bjorn Wesen bjorn.wesen
Mon Oct 27 14:34:52 PST 2003

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, James B Hiller wrote:
> > try to run it in managed mode (iwconfig wlan0 mode managed). I have little
>
> Are you sure this is the correct mode?  I'm thinking it's supposed to
> be, like, "Master" if this is your AP, and "Managed" if this is like
> a second AP, or just a card for which you are using hostap instead
> of the driver in the linux kernel.  I'm not at my own boxes right
> now, so I can't check to be sure.

Hi,

I solved the problem. I had a faulty AP on the other end. The second I
brought in another AP and set the same ESSID on both my HostAP system and
the AP, they associated. Sorry..

You are right in that the light is probably supposed to flash. I guess it is
signalling that it is _trying_ to associate (it went solid when it had
associated).

/Bjorn