Bjorn Wesen bjorn.wesen
Thu Oct 23 16:37:08 PDT 2003

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> I can tell you what happens in Symbol Spectrum24 Trilogy.  It may be
> similar to Prism 3.  Maybe it's even called Trilogy because it's a clone
> of Prism 3 :-)
>
> Primary firmware is loaded without plugging.  Then a command 0x30 is run
> by the firmware.  It reads serial EEPROM, which contains CIS and PDA.
> PDA and CIS cannot be found in the memory - I scanned all memory, both RAM
> and NVRAM.  So it's the only way to get the PDA.  The secondary firmware
> is plugged by the PDA.

Thanks,

Ok - I actually looked at spectrum_cs.c before and saw that this was the
procedure they used. But since prism2_srec assumes that the PDA is available
even when the primary is downloaded, I got confused. I have temporarily
disabled the entire section in prism2_srec that loads the PDA and plugs
the primary now actually. I am not sure how to check if the primary actually
runs after download and soft-reset back into non-genesis mode.. at least it
still barfs after trying the INIT command, shouldn't this work in
primary-only at least ?

Also I was a bit unsure if the CPU knows that it should start running RAM
firmware at 0x7e0000 when it restarts after resetting out of genesis mode..

-BW