FreeBSD 1.7.4 troubles

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Oct 15 06:16:59 PDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 01:25:57PM +0200, Roland van Laar wrote:

> I'm using FreeBSD 5.0 and I want to use the 1.7.4 firmware because it
> supports ssid hiding.
>
> Now I'm having the problem that the 1.7.4 firmware doesn't work in
> hostap mode. Other firmware like 1.5.6 do work.

Some more details of the problem might help in trying to figure out
why.. Do you know whether anyone else has been able to use FreeBSD with
the firmware version?

> I recently read something about the resetting of Port0
> Was this done to let it work with the 1.7.4 firmware
> or did the 1.7.4 work already without changes to the hostap driver?

I don't remember any issues with 1.7.4 firmware. Double Port0 reset was
added for STA f/w 1.5.6 when changing card mode (IBSS -> Host AP).
Another f/w change for removing use onf msg_type == MGMT and using frame
control instead (for STA f/w 1.6.3). But these are thw only recent
firmware version related changes I remember..