authentication problem

nirajp at cdacindia.com nirajp
Tue Oct 7 00:03:23 PDT 2003

hi All,
        we are getting the problem in authentication process (802.1x) using
windows xp suppicant, hostapd authenticator & radius server.

First we used hostapd in user space & having configuration in hostapd.conf
(ieee_802_1x=1, auth_algos=0, macaddr-
acl=2,own_ip_addr=192.x.x.x,auth_server_addr=192.x.x.x,auth_server_port=1812,
auth_server_shared_secret="hello" etc)

we were able to get authentication frame from both the sides but  there was
no association frme form either side.

what can be the problem? pls reply if u have any suggestion.

Then we tried to use hostapd in kernel driver. Then we were able to get even
association frame but no access to internet.
DMESG says:-
wlan: data dropped from unauthorised port(IEE 802.1x): ethertype=0x0806.

pls reply if possible.

say ...cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeze................. :-)

neeraj popli