Problem with 2.6.0-test9, linksys wpc 11 v3

Jasper Spaans jasper
Fri Nov 21 06:57:13 PST 2003

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 07:54:41AM -0600, Jon Nelson wrote:

> > Short version:
> >  - hostap driver worked "best" for me under 2.4.x
> >  - orinoco driver would work "OK" but under heavy load would barf
> >  - later, updated firmware from "very old" to what you see here,
> >    never bothered trying other (than hostap) drivers
> >  - wanted to play with 2.6.0
> >  - wireless doesn't work. Proceed with 2 day investigation.
> >  - results: I hate dlink, but hostap driver /did/ work with 2.4,
> >    appears like it /should/ with 2.6, but doesn't.
> >
> > I hope this information is helpful. Perhaps somebody can tell me what's
> > going on here (is it D-Link's fault? is it the firmware? Is it the
> > driver?)
> >
> > I /am/ up an running, and since I use a VPN anyway I don't care about
> > the WEP stuff (despite it being disabled), but the "solution" for me
> > with the orinoco drivers was to change from "shared key" to "open
> > system".

> For the third (and last) time, no responses to this?
> Does *anybody* have this driver working on 2.6.0?
> Has *anybody* seen the error I've got below, and have an explanation for
> it?

I have seen some of the errors mentioned in your previous mail (and crashes
under heavy traffic), but I am running hostap on a (not pcmcia-bridge) pci
prism card - so it might still be present in the driver you are using,
however that would be unlikely. All of this with linux-2.6.0-test9

Are you running the latest version from CVS, as this problem seems to have
been solved in there quite recently? Else, you've probably hit a new bug, it
seems.

Bye,
--
Jasper Spaans                                       http://jsp.vs19.net/
 15:51:06 up 9774 days,  7:38, 0 users, load average: 6.43 6.50 6.91