Problem with 2.6.0-test9, linksys wpc 11 v3

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Nov 21 06:19:00 PST 2003

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 11:42:05AM -0600, Jon Nelson wrote:

> Nov 15 16:07:04 workstation kernel: hostap_cs: CVS (Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>)

Have you tested with the latest stable release?

> Nov 15 16:07:06 workstation kernel: wifi0: invalid skb->cb magic (0x00000000, expected 0xf08a36a2)

Are you by any change trying to use wifi0 interface directly instead of
using wlan0? In other words, do you assign IP address to wifi0? If yes,
please try wlan0.. wifi0 cannot be used directly, it is only used when
the other interfaces are sending out IEEE 802.11 frames. You will
probably still see that invalid magic message every now and then (e.g.,
when sending ARP requests), but at least the connection is supposed to
work. I'm using the CVS version with Linux 2.6.0-pre8 without problems.

>  - results: I hate dlink, but hostap driver /did/ work with 2.4,
>    appears like it /should/ with 2.6, but doesn't.

Did you try the same version of the driver that worked with 2.4? Or did
you try the new version with 2.4?