iwlist scan broken with hostap 0.1.1/0.1.2?

markus.baumeister at philips.com markus.baumeister
Mon Nov 10 09:45:25 PST 2003

Hi,

a week ago I reported that 'iwlist wlan0 scan' with hostap-0.1.x resulted
in only one AP returned when hostap-0.0.3 returns several. In the mean
time, it seems I found the culprit (or at least a hack to get it working
again):

If one disables the 'custom' event parameters bcn_int, resp_rate and atim
in prism2_translate_scan() hostp_ioctl.c, e.g. by changing line 1740 to
|#if WIRELESS_EXT > 140                 //"#if FALSE"  would also work but
needs more changes ;-)
'iwlist wlan0 scan' will work again and show all APs found and not only
the first one.
I would assume that hostap and wireless extensions (at least with iwlist
V25 and WE V15) use different formats for custom events.

Kind regards
        Markus