Modifying the protocol

Rahul Mangharam rahulm
Tue May 27 12:33:06 PDT 2003

Hi All,

I am trying to adapt the 802.11 protocol for my research and would like to
know if it is possible to set two bits in the MAC header that the Prism
firmware writes but ignores otherwise. These could be reserved (but
unused) bits in the MAC header mentioned in the 802.11 spec. There are
reserved bits for Management/Control/Data sub-types.

Is anyone aware of any registers that are writable that set unused bits in
the MAC header? If this is possible, would the same read register
functions work for them (will they be passed up to the driver)?

Thanks,
Rahul