how to recompile

Pavel Roskin proski
Sat May 3 11:02:28 PDT 2003

On 3 May 2003 geeojr at krombie.net wrote:

> a 'make clean' should take care of the object files (and more) for you.
>
> to rebuild everything do:
> # make clean pci
>
> this will clean it and then build it (again)

Have you tried that?  The top-level Makefile doesn't know about hostapd.
To recompile hostapd, you should run make in the hostapd directory.

This actually needs to be fixed.  It should be possible to compile hostapd
and utils.

> > we r trying to recompile the source by adding > > some fprintf to write
> > some comments to a file in hostapd.c can any > 1 pls tell us how to go
                               ^^^^^^^^^

Please don't top-post (see http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html).
Top-posting makes it hard for others to quote both you and the original
poster.  Apparently it also makes it hard you to read what you are
replying to.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin