Does Proxim RangeLAN2 7400 Supports HostAP ?

Project Manager projekt.manager
Wed Mar 26 06:45:20 PST 2003

Paul Tan Hock Lai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have HostAP installed and it's working on other cards.
>
> However, when I insert the Proxim RangeLAN2 7400 PCMCIA card, it doesnt get loaded properly. The hostap_cs module is not loaded.
> Do I need any changes to the /etc/pcmcia/hostap_cs.conf

yes you need to have a configuration block in the
/etc/pcmcia/hostap_cs.conf file, so that at boot time the pcmcia module
knows to bind to the hostap driver.

My config block for my RangeLAN-DS look like:

	card "Proxim RangeLAN"
	   version "PROXIM", "RangeLAN-DS/LAN PC CARD"
	   manfid 0x0126, 0x8000
	   bind "hostap_cs"

In order to find the version & manfid above you can type on a root shell

	cardctl ident

Also, don't forget to add an alias line to the /etc/modules.conf file

	alias wlan0 hostap_cs

Hope that helps