Firmware and Bridging Questions.

Chincogan Network Services Lists lists
Tue Mar 25 01:11:44 PST 2003

Hi all I have a few questions about Prism 2/2.5/3 Frimware and Bridging.

1. As I understand it, to bridge using a prism based card you need to use WDS mode unless you have firmware >=1.5.x with this firmware you should be able to bridge using all modes, is my understanding correct?

2. I pulled a WET11 apart the other day to do a firmware upgrade on it, and it had firmware version 1.3.4 on it, this device is an ethernet bridge, how come it can do standards based bridging with <1.5.x firmware?

3. I have upgraded some of my WET11's to try and resolve some stability issues, I have upgraded these to v1.4.9. I looked on the intersil site and couldn't find anything but is there some king of a changelog for prism firmwares where one can see if there's any decent reason to move to 1.5.6?

Thanks for all your help,
Aaron Daniels
Chincogan Network Services
http://www.chincogan.net.au/