NIC 0x8002 firmware upgrade

Jose Araujo jlaraujo
Wed Mar 12 07:14:17 PST 2003

Hy

After browsing the archives and googling a bit, i managed to upgrade the
station firmware to 1.4.9 and then with prism2_srec to 1.5.6, but i'd
like to use firmware 1.6.3 to be able to hide my SSID from the beacons.

I know that hiding the SSID doesn't inprove much security, but i expect
to use my wlan on limited hours and i don't want the SSID broadcasted 24x7.

Another thing that i would like to upgrade is the primary firmware, does
anyone know where i can find it for this old NIC (to the curious is a US
Robotics 2410).

wlan0: NIC: id=0x8002 v1.0.0
wlan0: PRI: id=0x15 v0.3.0

Thanks