PS-mode / STA expiration / hostapd / IEEE 802.1X

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Jun 24 22:16:17 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 09:49:51PM -0700, Jouni Malinen wrote:

> When hostapd is used, another bug is causing problems for this activity
> polling, and in fact, potentially for 802.11/802.1X authentication. Host
> AP driver is not doing power save buffering for frames send through
> wlan#ap interface, even though it should be handled similarily to wlan#
> case. I need to verify whether this could be fixed easily with current
> TX code. If not, it'll have to wait until I get to redesign TX path to
> match with the new design one of RX path.

It looks like this was actually quite easy to fix. So, current CVS
version should having working activity polling both when using kernel
driver and hostapd for 802.11 management. As an added bonus, this should
fix long pending bug with the buffering of 802.1X frames. If someone has
had problems using IEEE 802.1X with a station that was using power
saving, this version should help quite a bit..