Possible problem with Hostap and latest PCMCIA-CS-3.2.4

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze
Mon Jun 9 00:43:02 PDT 2003

Running HostAP(latest cvs) with PCMCIA-CS-3.2.4 seems to yield shocking
packet loss even just pinging between machines. A lot of the time there's no
response at all.  I tried pinging from a client machine to the Hostap
machine while running tcpdump and I can see the incoming ping requests but
it seems nothing goes back to the client. (iptables isn't running so there's
nothing being blocked)

I switched back to pcmcia-cs-3.1.34 and everything starts working perfectly.
I'm running RH9 with kernel ver 2.4.20-18.9

Could just be a problem with the pcmcia-cs package itself but thought i'd
bring it to the lists attention incase it's not.
Anyone else tried card services 3.2.4 with hostap?

--
Regards,
  Ryan Abbenhuys

sneeze (at) alphalink.com.au