can someone please tell me about unresolved deps, please?

Sergio M. Ammirata ammirata
Sun Jun 8 06:29:24 PDT 2003

Thanks, wireless extensions now work!

There are a few issues that are still pending in the latest CVS code:
1) The default value for basic_rates is 3. Shouldn't it be 15?
2) WDS link autorate negotiation does not work with hostapd (it stays
stuck at 2Mbit) but it does in kernel mode. When I look at the stats of
the neighbor in /proc/.. I see that that the supported_rates are blank
when you use hostapd and they are filled in correctly in kernel mode.
3) Did the signal measurement conversion change? Before, the noise level
was around -100Dbm, now it is around -30Dbm.

Thanks in advance,

Sergio

Behalf
> Of Jouni Malinen
> Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 2:36 PM
> To: hostap at shmoo.com
> Subject: Re: can someone please tell me about unresolved deps, please?
>
> On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 01:50:25PM -0400, Sergio M. Ammirata wrote:
>
> > things. I am using external pcmcia version 3.2.3 which I have
defined on
> > the PCMCIA_PATH of the main Makefile.
> >
> > I do have CONFIG_NET_RADIO defined in kernel .config and in
> > include/linux/autoconf.h (I double checked just in case).
>
> External pcmcia-cs did not include all the .config variables in its
> version of linux/config.h and CONFIG_NET_RADIO was renamed to
> CONFIG_NET_PCMCIA_RADIO. I added this as an alternative option for
> linux/wireless.h inclusion and the latest CVS version of Host AP
driver
> should now include wireless extensions support when compiled with
> external pcmcia-cs.
>
> --
> Jouni Malinen                                            PGP id
EFC895FA