Getting wireless stats from the kernel through SNMP

sriram_subramanian sriram_subramanian
Fri Jun 6 08:16:35 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'm working on getting the wireless statistics from the hostAP kernel modules using SNMP. I could not find a prism2 MIB, so presently I'm using the IEEE802dot11 MIB to get the stats through SNMP. Eventually I plan to write a prism2 MIB also.
I'd like to know if anyone has worked in this direction before. I have generated a code framework for the SNMP agent by using the tool "mib2c". I need help - if someone can tell me how this agent can talk to the hostap kernel module and get the hostAp wireless stats ?
Prior to this, I developed a user space program which talks to the hostAP kernel module through "ioctl" calls for getting the stats.
Thanks.

Sriram Subramanian
Information Networking Inst.
Carnegie Mellon University
http://www.indiainfo.com
Now with POP3/SMTP access for only US$14.95/yr