Primary Firmware Download

Pavel Roskin proski
Thu Jul 31 13:03:11 PDT 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Foy, Patrick wrote:

> We've been avoiding the primary firmware download issue for our project, but
> have finally decided to re-visit the issue.  Since this last email, have you
> been able to download the primary firmware into RAM successfully (and
> reliably) using the hostap driver and the prism2_srec utility?

No.  It doesn't work.  But I don't think you need it.  If you think you
need it, please give more details.  What kind of hardware are you talking
about?  What primary and secondary firmware do you have?  Why do you want
to upgrade primary firmware in the RAM?  What's wrong with flashing the
latest primary and secondary firmware?  Cannot you just load secondary
firmware into the RAM?

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin