[patch] WDS & bridge, other ...

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Jul 26 20:30:54 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 09:39:13AM +0200, Jiri Fojtasek wrote:

> This patch solving some instability issues :

Thanks!

> * When bridge not have same mac address as wlan and wds devices, WDS
> ethernet frame source address is not correct (only wds compilant frames)

I used a bit different modification to clean up the code at the same
time, since non-compliant WDS frame was now the only exception for
copying Ethernet addresses from the skb.

> * Bridge can send some frames by wlan0 with not existent destination
> address whish cause some txexc, and when try send a frame in to own mac
> address (addr1=addr2) sometimes causes firmware lockup (confirmed on
> 1.5.6). Now is all kind of those frames droped ...

Applied.

Frames to not associated STAs were originally accepted for pseudo-adhoc
style communication between APs. Anyway, receiving those frames was
apparently already broken and WDS links have made this kind of mode
obsolete.. So, there should be no need to keep this odd mode around any
longer.

> * Optimized hfa384x_wait_offset function whish always read two times
> busy offset register, probing time resolution is set back to 1usec. I
> have tested how much time is need for waiting and average time is 3usec
> (pci card). 10 usec was too long. This also fixing some bap timeout
> messages ...

Applied, but with a longer BAP timeout since I remember receiving some
reports about BAP timeout errors that cause did not really require card
reset, but just a bit longer wait.

> * Addet  enhanced "Could not find sta for this TX error"  loging, what
> help me made those fixes

This should not happen anymore since frames causing these TX errors are
now dropped before even trying to send them. Anyway, I added the extra
information to this message. I did not apply the changes that modified
the organization and indentation of the code in that function.