[Fwd: delay in adhoc mode]

Pavel Roskin proski
Fri Jul 18 15:35:03 PDT 2003

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Jay Zhang wrote:

> One way I can think to achieve it is to put the card in Monitor mode
> first for listening and then switch back to ad hoc mode for
> broadcasting. But it looks awkward and I don't know if it will be fast
> enough as the information exchange should finish within several hundreds
> of milliseconds .

I think you should be able to transmit frames in the monitor mode if you
fully prepare them without reliance on the driver.  The function to
transmit ready frames is called prism2_tx_80211().  You may be able to use
it from the userspace through the wlan0ap interface if you enable hostap
support.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin