[Fwd: delay in adhoc mode]

Jay Zhang jzh
Fri Jul 18 15:22:08 PDT 2003

Pavel,

Thanks a lot for the information.
Ideally, we would like to build a ad hoc system that all stations can
receive and broadcast information. The security is not an issue here. It
is very attractive if we can avoid authentication and association
completely.
If I am right here, the firmware processes part of those frames ( We are
using Prism2/3 based cards ), which is beyond our control.
One way I can think to achieve it is to put the card in Monitor mode
first for listening and then switch back to ad hoc mode for
broadcasting. But it looks awkward and I don't know if it will be fast
enough as the information exchange should finish within several hundreds
of milliseconds .

It will be great if you can give me some further advise or direct me to
the right direction.

Thank you very much.

Jay.