Multiple cards

hostap at floppe.eu.org hostap
Mon Jul 7 02:52:06 PDT 2003

Hi,

If I set the rate to 1M on hostap, is it so that every STA will get 1Mbit
each or is it a total of 1Mbit for all STAs?

I'm asking this because...

There's performance problems when there is more than one wlan in a
computer. If someone begins a big download or upload against one HostAP,
the other suffers from heavy trafikloss and lag.

Have been like this in every (stable) version I've tested. We have five
pci cards and I don't like the idea to have 5 computers for them. Have
tested with only 2 cards too, same behavior.

The temporary solution I'm using now is LARTC HTB filtering and "shapes"
trafic down under 1Mbit.

Running hostap-0.0.3 on gentoo