HostAP and xsupplicant

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Jan 20 21:11:48 PST 2003

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 04:31:11PM +0000, Dimitris Theofilatos wrote:

> But i had a problem when i used another machine for RADIUS. I enabled routing
> at the machine which was acting as an Access Point and i saw that the Access
> Point sends an EAP-Request/Identity at the supplicant, the supplicant
> responds with a EAP-Response/Identity, then the AP sends an Access-Request to
> the Radius server, the Radius responds with an Access-Challenge but the
> authenticator does not forward this message to the supplicant. Do you know
> why?

Have you checked whether hostapd reports any errors when you run it with
full debugging (add '-ddd' to the command line)? IP routing is not used
for these frames and hostapd debug logs should show whether it received
Access-Challenge (and whether it passed all verifications). In addition,
logs should show if the frame was sent (or at least attempted) to the
station.