DWL-520 PCI ethernet wireless

James Harper james.harper
Thu Feb 27 03:03:02 PST 2003

DWL-520 is prism2.5, works great with hostap unless, like me, you are
using irq sharing in an smp system :) i get random crashes under high
load. i believe this is the driver though, not the card.

i had a bit of trouble with the as shipped firmare (1.3.4 i think) but
since i upgraded to 1.4.9 it's been fine.

btw, this is the 520, not the 520+. the 520+ is a completely different
beast based on a TI chipset i think. a linux driver has been released
for the 520+ but the hostap driver just ain't gonna work.

james