WDS configuration issues

Ray maillists
Wed Feb 12 12:22:30 PST 2003

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 02:21:51PM +0100, Kurthy Lorant wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Try to downgrade the 1.4.9 firmware to 1.3.6. Or upgrade it to 1.5.6.
> Both versions works for me, but with 1.4.9 I had similar problems
> during this weekend.

Thanks, sure enough I moved all the cards to 1.3.6 and all the machines are
seeing each other.  I'm still not sure why the 1.4.9 cards appeared to work
in wds mode in one machine but not the others but I'm not going to worry
about it.

BTW, when I used Intersils' Winupdate to suck the firmware off of one of my
1.3.6 cards and flash it on a 1.4.9 card it also cloned the MAC address and
serial number.  Winupdate had a feature to edit the MAC and serial # but it
said (and was correct) that it wouldn't take effect until I re-flashed the
secondary firmware seperately (rather than as the primary/secondary/settings
lump it had sucked off the other card).  Bottom line is even though I had a
card with the firmware I wanted I still ended up fetching the firmware from
netgate.

--
Ray