hostap-driver & snmpd problem

jar jar
Wed Dec 10 09:22:55 PST 2003

Hi

I using RH9 machine+WL200(v1.5.6) with hostap-driver-0.1.2 in p-t-p
link. I am using mrtg to collect network data from wlan0 and eth0
interfaces. Mrtg uses snmp protocol. The snmpd daemon is running in the
wlan machine.

When I updated (security+bug fixes)the snmp packages in my wlan machine from

net-snmp-5.0.6-17.i386.rpm
net-snmp-utils-5.0.6-17.i386.rpm

net-snmp-5.0.9-2.90.1.i386.rpm
net-snmp-utils-5.0.9-2.90.1.i386.rpm

Now every time the mrtg updates it's graphcps (via snmp), I get the
following dmesg error messages in wlan machine:

wlan0 unsupported ioctl(0x89f0)
wlan0 unsupported ioctl(0x8947)
wlan0 unsupported ioctl(0x89f0)
wlan0 unsupported ioctl(0x8947)
wlan0 unsupported ioctl(0x89f0)
wlan0: LinkStatus=1 (Connected)
wlan0: LinkStatus: BSSID=02:50:
wlan0: LinkStatus=1 (Connected)
wlan0: LinkStatus: BSSID=02:50:
wlan0: LinkStatus=1 (Connected)
wlan0: LinkStatus: BSSID=02:50:
wlan0: LinkStatus=1 (Connected)
wlan0: LinkStatus: BSSID=02:50:
wlan0: LinkStatus=1 (Connected)
wlan0: LinkStatus: BSSID=02:50:
wlan0 unsupported ioctl(0x8947)
wlan0 unsupported ioctl(0x89f0)
wlan0 unsupported ioctl(0x8947)

The connection start to breaking too. After I downgrade back to previous
versions.

net-snmp-5.0.6-17.i386.rpm
net-snmp-utils-5.0.6-17.i386.rpm

everything is working again. What/where is the problem?

Regards, Jar