WPA capability in HostAP

Rajendra Kumar rajendra_krsingh
Sat Dec 6 18:36:21 PST 2003

oh, so there is no WPA authenticator in hostap code?
which means hostap code does not support WPA in hostap
mode ? I assumed that it supports because I saw in the
code that we are writing generic element (WPA IE) so
that all beacons and probe responses will have WPA IE
added.

hfa384x_set_rid(dev, HFA384X_RID_GENERICELEMENT,...

which is only needed when hostap mode is supporting
WPA. correct me if I am wrong.

anyway, thanks for the information.

raj