Primary Firmware Download

Pavel Roskin proski
Sun Aug 3 00:52:21 PDT 2003

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> I'm not sure if you did something to allow the driver initialization to go
> ahead if the FID allocation (or some other part of initialization) fails.
> Right now, hostap_pci refuses to serve a card with STA 1.1.0.

P.S. This could be worked around by using the "delayed_enable=1"
parameter.  I could resurrect DWL-520 and flash it back to PRI 1.1.1 and
STA 1.7.4.  I also could load both PRI and STA firmware in RAM by
following commands:

prism2_srec -g wlan0 ak010104.hex
prism2_srec -r wlan0 rf010704.hex

>From the kernel log:

wlan0: trying to read PDA from 0x007f0000: OK
wlan0: NIC: id=0x8013 v1.0.0
wlan0: PRI: id=0x15 v1.1.4
wlan0: STA: id=0x1f v1.7.4
wlan0: prism2_open

"1.1.4" confirms that the new primary firmware has been loaded.
Excellent!

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin