Some test failed...

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Apr 30 20:03:01 PDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 07:09:24PM +0900, ?vBXXZcX0-? wrote:

> So, I make some algorithm using "/proc/net/hostap/wlan0/STAMAC" file..

> and I found jiffies always increase whenever I read the file..
> but, the rx_packets, tx_packets, rx_bytes, tx_bytes does not changed for a while...
>
> Could tell me, which code update the file and how open update it ?

This file is dynamically generated when it is read. In addition, the
counters used to generate it are updated for all TX/RX frame. I have
never seen any delay in the statistics and I do not know of any reason
why that would happen. Do you open the file for every read or just seek
to the beginning? I'm not actually sure whether this would change
things, but if you don't close it between reads, you could try doing
this.