Kernel panic with ap_bridge_packets = 1.

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Apr 29 18:14:37 PDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 05:19:53PM +0200, Martin Whitlock wrote:

> There seems to be a problem in the latest cvs ver when ap_bridge_packets
> are set to 1. If I ping between two WLAN clients I get a null pointer
> kernel panic in the AP. I've located the problem and it seems to be
> caused by an unhandled case when skb is NULL and "stats->rx_bytes +=
> skb->len;" is called.

Thanks! There were actually two bugs in it.. I was using skb that had
already been passed to netif_rx() and in addition, the skb would be zero
in the case you described. Proper fix was to move statistics calculation
to happen before deciding what to do with the received frame.