sending Beacons from the user space

yasir yasir
Thu Apr 24 14:26:48 PDT 2003

Hi All,

I am sending beacon frames from the userspace, and when I look through the ethereal trace,
I can see the beacons going through properly. They contain the fake ssid "phony" in the
tagged parameters.

However, my "coerced" beacons are preceded by the original beacon generated by the card which has the ssid "demo-ap".

The problem is this that when I scan for networks through the supplicant, I do see demo-ap in the ssid list but i dont see the "phony" ssid.

Do I need to disable the card from sending any beacons? if so how do I do that ?
Why is it the case that the phony ssid does not get displayed in the ssid list?

Any help will be appreciated.

regards
Yasir