Latest CVS and non-volatile download test

Sergio M. Ammirata ammirata
Sat Apr 19 06:47:56 PDT 2003

You were right. It was not the pda.

I used the DOS flash utility to check the status of the card and the
only thing that was messed up was the secondary firmware (it did not
show one).

I downloaded the secondary firmware and the card was ok again. I did not
need to put it in genesis mode.

Since I am now able to recover cards I went back and tried the
non-volatile flash download from hostap again (this time documenting
every step). However, everything worked perfectly. I flashed it 4 times
with 2 different firmware versions and it worked perfectly each time.

Strange!!!

Regarding the DOS flash utility:
I have another card that is completely dead: it will not even give me a
status on the flash utility, it reads the CIS and then it says it has an
invalid PDA.
I am trying to get it into genesis mode. It is a zcomax-325H.

When I issue:
Flash -5v -off
If successfully resets the card.
Then I type:
Flash -5v -g -i pk010101.hex -3842 1f17 -forcew
It gives me an error when it tries to verify the first piece written to
the card.

Do I have the wrong -3842 value or is this card truly dead?

Thanks in advance,

Sergio

Of