DHCP problem

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Thu Apr 17 21:43:27 PDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 01:49:20PM -0500, Akash Malhotra wrote:

> I try to run DHCP using /sbin/service dhcp start i got this error
>
> make sure  CONFIG_PACKET (Packet socket) and Config_filter (socket
> filtering)are enabled in your kernel.
>
> I checked my config file in /usr/src/linux... and it says
> CONFIG_PACKE= y but Config_filter is not set.

I don't see how this is related to Host AP (i.e., another mailing list
might be more appropriate). Anyway, you have already solved the
issue.. ;-) That error message was about your kernel not having required
features and indeed, you did not. How about taking the next logical step
and trying to add CONFIG_FILTER (Socket filtering)?