no private ioctls?
Wed Apr 16 00:41:12 PDT 2003
> iwpriv responds "no private iocts" so i cannot set any
> settings such as ESSID and such. Anyone have any ideas?
to set ESSID you can simply use iwconfig (no need to use iwpriv):
iwconfig wlan0 essid myessid
Anyway you can uncomment defines: PRISM2_USE_WE_SUB_IOCTLS and Use
in file hostap_config.h. This will let you use all the iwpriv commands
NOTE: Read carefully the comments about wireless extensions and wireless
tools versions, i.e.
/* Include wireless extensions sub-ioctl support even if wireless extensions
* version is less than 15 (actually, only if it is 12 .. 14). If ver >= 15,
* these will be included. Please note, that this requires iwpriv version 25
* or higher (older versions will segfault due to long ioctl list). */
/* #define PRISM2_USE_WE_SUB_IOCTLS */
/* Use IW_PRIV_TYPE_ADDR with private WE ioctls taking MAC address argument
* (instead of old 18*char). This requires iwpriv ver >= 25. This will be
* automatically included for WIRELESS_EXT >= 15. */
/* #define PRISM2_USE_WE_TYPE_ADDR */
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christian Marx" <christian_marx at web.de>
To: <hostap at shmoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 11:01 PM
Subject: Re: no private ioctls?
> Edgars Klepers wrote:
> > i have a netgear MA311 card (PCI), and looks like hostap_pci loads and
> > with it, my laptop sees the card and interfaces with it, good pings and
> > everything. But iwpriv responds "no private iocts" so i cannot set any
> > settings such as ESSID and such. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in
More information about the Hostap