WDS Speeds...

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Apr 5 21:03:19 PST 2003

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 04:10:22PM -0600, Jerry wrote:

> Command line FTP from AP-B (which has a WDS link to AP-A ONLY) gets
> 90 KILOBYTES/sec downloadspeed !! :(   !!!

> It occured to me, as i was typing this that alot of my problem might be the wireless link between AP-A and AP-B, doin some figuring i discovered that 1Mbit is appx = to 100Kb/sec (hope i figured this correct), anyway with this in mind, 90Kb/sec isnt out of line.

Yes, the WDS link was most probably using only 1 Mbps, not 11 Mbps.
Please re-test with v0.0.1 of Host AP driver. It should fix rate control
for WDS links by adding STA entry when a new WDS links is created. In
older versions, STA entry was only added if the WDS link was created
automatically based on received beacon frame. I was able to get over
6 Mbps (UDP) throughput over a manually added WDS link after this
update.