Firmware and Bridging Questions.

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Apr 4 22:44:01 PST 2003

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 09:28:41PM -0800, Mike Machado wrote:

> client bridge. It is in Managed mode associated to an AP, and it can
> bridge the traffic to the LAN port? What are they doing special that
> HostAP cannot do?

What makes you think Host AP driver cannot do this? Have you tried AP
client mode in Managed mode? I implemented it based on some packet
captures from another AP (D-Link?). Since there is not really a
standard for doing this kind of links, it might require some minor
changes to match with mechanism used in another AP device. If this is
the case, please provide me some sniffer logs (including full 802.11
headers) from a working setup using AP devices, and I'll try to add
support for the used mechanism.