ACK duration field wrong with fragmentation?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Apr 4 21:52:07 PST 2003

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 12:56:41PM +0100, Antonio Vilei wrote:

> I was using wlansniff and I noticed that when a station (Prism2.5 based fw
> v1.3.6) sends fragments, the duration field in the fragments is correct, but
> duration field value in the each ACK is zero. Shouldn't it be non zero (not
> in the last ACK of course where zero is correct)?
>
> Is it a firmware bug?

Yes, the duration field of an ACK frame should be non-zero after frames
with More Fragment flag set. Please report this to Intersil technical
support and tell them to take a closer look at IEEE 802.11 Chap.
7.2.1.3 ;-).