wireless ext. patch

Yanghwee Tan tanyh
Tue Oct 29 22:50:17 PST 2002

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:

<sniped>

> 	You need each incremental patch, and all those patches are on
> my web page (including v11 to v12).
> 	What I was telling is that, for most things people are doing
> are currently doing, you don't need to upgrade and you can use
> whatever is available in the kernel.
>
> > well, jason suggested to me to patch the w.ext and
> > see if i can fix the missing essid problem that i'm still having.
>
> 	I was not aware of this bug. Was it a driver bug ?

Oh yes sometime ago, i wrote an email to you about this before,
u did mention to check out if it is a driver bug.
but i don't know which driver u refer to. was it hostap driver ?

the version i'm using now is still the sept'02 copy.
my kernel wireless ext. is v12 and pcmcia-cs is v3.2.0 and
my wireless tools v25.

problem explanation:

in the past, using Wireless Tools v25pre8 with "IWCONFIG WLAN0" run, you
will get all the info on wep keys, signal, many others and ESSID (Network
Name).

after i upgrade the wireless tools to v25 release, ESSID is now missing
from the command "IWCONFIG WLAN0" return result.

what should i check on now? any other driver to probe on?

-Yanghwee-