compile problem

Stone Cold scold
Mon Oct 28 02:09:26 PST 2002

Hello - trying to install hostap and I'm running into a bit of a problem.

My existing setup is a laptop running RH 7.3 with 2.4.18-4, with which I
successfuly run kismet, airsnort, and wellenreiter.  Saw fakeap, which uses
hostap, and thought I'd give it a whirl.

I'm using a DWL-650, which by what I could find in the list archives, will
work.  I have that NIC configured and working as eth1.

My problem arises when I try to compile hostap.  I have kernel tree pcmcia
support, so all I should have to do is make sure I have the correct path
in my makefile (/usr/src/linux) and away I go.  However, out of the box, the
compile fails at line 43 which is an include for $KERNEL_PATH/.config - I do
not have this file.  Just for grins, I created a .config file there and make
appeared to work (make pccard that is).  However, when I did a make_pccard
install, it bailed telling me I had unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.18
-4/net/hostap.o and some other files.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

scold